Saturday, September 24, 2005

One of the first areas I looked into relating to the Kennedy assassination was the Gemstone Files. This led me into contact with a former tabloid writer by the name of James L. Moore who, among other things, claimed to be the real author of a summary of the Gemstone Files known as the Skeleton Key. In an email to me dated Mon, 10 Sep 2001 he said:

I do (or should) have one document I've never released because I'm still concerned over its authenticity, but it is a three-page letter in which Helms, I think it is, acknowledges Oswald worked for the CIA and was in Russia for that purpose, not as a defector. It discusses how this information should be withheld from the Warren Commission - what can be said and what should not be said. I don't fully trust it because of the way the letter is constructed, with the signature on the third page in such a way that the first two pages could be fakes while the last page is genuine.

Jim's memory was obviously off slightly as the memo is allegedly from John McCone not Richard Helms, as I discovered on June 5, 2002 when Jim Moore sent me the document as an attachment to an email.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home